Tuesday, September 4, 2012

TACO PIZZA FOR LUNCH

Hello everyone.  This is Alex from Project Worth Outreach in Menifee County, Kentucky.  Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.

This past week we had one of our Grow Appalachia Gardening participant's volunteer to come to the office and fix us a taco pizza for lunch.  I have never had one.  It was absolutely delicious.

The ingredients for this pizza are 1.5 lb. ground beef, 2 tubes pie crust, 1 large jar pizza sauce, l bag shredded cheese, lots of lettuce and tomatoes (grown in the Dehart garden) and any other toppings you want to put on it.  First, you brown and drain your ground beef and then you take a large cookie sheet and spread out the crust to cover as much of the cookie sheet as possible.  Next, spread the pizza sauce over the crust as evenly as possible.  Now it's time to spread the ground beef over the crust and sauce.  Place in oven and bake at 275 degrees for 30 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown.  Next remove from oven and top with lots of letuce and tomatoes and any other toppings that you wish.  Guaranteed delicious.  It's amazing how much better vegetetables are when they are home grown.

The names of our Grow Appalachia Garden participant are Paul and Joni Dehart.  I want to take this time to thank the Deharts for sharing this recipe and showing me how to make a Taco pizza.  It was a fun and tasty lesson.  I have invited him back anytime he wishes to give me a cooking lesson.

That's about all I have for today.  I hope everyone has a great week.  I know I will as long as I can get my report in to David on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment