Monday, April 16, 2012

Mujeres Unidas “Planting Seeds Of Hope” Garden Project

Well what a beautiful week of weather. Its been nice tilling warm dry earth but what does that mean for the summer, who knows! I decided to teach myself a lesson a few weeks ago and went against my own recommendations to everyone else and put out 6 tomato plants. You will never guess what happened; THAT'S RIGHT THE FROST CAME. The frost didn't even seem to care about my plastic jugs i put over the tender tomatoes. So what did I learn- follow your extension office publications- the safe planting dates in those publications are based on years of research and years of people like me learning lessons the hard way. Fortunately it was my personal plants and garden.


 I have included some pictures of the raised beds we decided to build because of the shallow buried utilities we encountered. Also a picture of the community garden group getting together before a demonstration planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment