Monday, August 20, 2012


Hi folks, Sue from the LMU organic community garden here.  I'm sorry we haven't posted in forever.  I don't know why but I couldn't figure out how to get into the blog. David finally set me straight. Anyway I wanted to say I've really been enjoying all the blogs and advice.  Your all doing great work.  Things are growing like crazy at our garden and it's hard to harvest and process all the tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, okra, corn,beans etc.  We are blessed.  Attached are pictures of me with an unidentified cowpea I picked up at some garden, probably Michigan State Univ.  I measured one of the beans yesterday 25inches.  They are very good cooked like green beans when young and I shelled about a pounds worth yesterday for dried beans over the winter.  The tomatoes I'm holding are from seeds I saved last year from a friend at church who said they are from his Dad's seedless tomato.  So I just call them Shawn's Dad's Seedless.

No comments:

Post a Comment